Diploma of Ayurveda Lifestyle Consultation - Pure Ayurvedic Content
1. Foundations of Ayurvedic Medicine:Ayurveda, the art of being $1550Introduction to the history, philosophy, anatomy and physiology of Ayurveda.- Foundations of Ayurvedic Medicine.- Ayurvedic principles of the fundamental structure of the human system: mind-body and consciousness- Effects of the three primal qulities (gunas) on the mind-body- Effects of the elements (maha panchabhutas) on the mind-body- Principles of constitution (Prakrti) and imbalances (Vikurti) expressed in the mind-body2. Ayurvedic perspective of Anatomy and Physiology:Know your body $ 1550Foundations of Ayurveda, Introduction to Vedic Anatomy and Physiology, together with Western systemic anatomy relevant to yoga and AyurvedaThe Vedas (from which Yoga and Ayurveda arise) provide deep wisdom, richness of understanding, and indepth knowledge about the human body. You will study about the form and container, its contents; the energy anatomy and its meredians, the pathways for life force and the winds upon which thoughts ride; strategic centres, chakras and marmas positioned in reference to the meru danda and the universe as revealed in an atom. You will also study about respiratory health; the nervous system and the brain that changes itself; fire in the body; blood and the circulatory system; the digestive fire; waste systems, kidneys, bladder, urinary and elimination systems; skin, sweat, hair, nails, teeth; bones, joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments; connective tissues; vital organs; reproductive health; injuries and genetics; mind, emotions, stress and sleep; lifestyle. This is not just theory that arises from the study of human cadavers, but the practical application of living anatomical and functional energy that decodes the universe through the organs of cognition.3. History and Philosophical Principles of AyurvedaCore Ayurvedic Theory and Philosophy. $1550Cosmology, history and philosophy of Ayurvedic Medicine.Study the philosophy of natural living and healing- The principles of health which can be traced back to the Vedic period;- Core Ayurvedic theory. In the five elements, the physical, mental and energetic are intertwined.- Understanding doshas, gunas, vayus- Prakruti and Vikruti - your Ayurvedic constitution- Determining imbalance4. Determining the Ayurvedic body. Prakruti. Vikruti.Create Health and Harmony. $1550Ayurveda daily and seasonal lifestyle for health and long life.- pulse diagnosis- tongue diagnosis- and practical assessmentwhere you will learn how to assess the constitutional body type (prakruti), psychological profile and current health sttus (vikruti) of an individual, according to traditional Ayurvedic medicine;- and therapeutic methods of Ayurveda, such as Ayurvedic relaxation massage, Ayurvedic remedial therapies, lifestyle advice and so much more;- Self care for Healthy Living.- Tools (upaya) that can be used in Yoga Therapy to treat symptoms (heya), understand root cause (hetu) and establish goals (hana)- The foundation stones of nutrition, exercise and rest in building eating and lifestyle plans to support your health.- Gentle Yoga, Meditation and Deep Relaxation sessions to remedy psychological and emotional issues5. Principles of Ayurvedic Nutrition and cookingRasa. Digestion. Energetics. Post digestion. Special effects. $2550Provide advice on Ayurvedic nutrition HLTAYV005Ayurveda • Digestive Health • Nutrition • Meals • Herbal medicines • TreatmentsCook, Taste, Heal. A practical guide to Ayurvedic digestive health, Ayurvedic nutrition, and cooking. $2500Digestion is the vital, central point around which health revolves. Often when we are stressed, it is the gut which is affected first. And the reverse is true too - a disturbed digestive system can cause you to feel anxious and stressed. The feelings of anxiety and restlessness could be because of a vataimbalance to which irregular digestive fire may contribute as a major cause. A lack of energy as well as weight gain are also outcomes of improper digestioon. Digestions affests ageing. It influences your mental health and performance and afffects your bones. Thus maintaining a healthy digestive system is vital. Ayurveda opens up a whole new world of revelations and realisations … revelations about the way your digestive system works with you as a whole, and realisations about many natural ways and remedies to help you take control of your body.Learn about the hesling power of foods aailable in your pantry, fridge and local supermarket, together with Ayurvedic dietary principles, Ayurvedic nutrition, Ayurvedic cooking and Kitchen pharmacy - which presents the most comprehensive knowledge of nutritional treatment of disease (let food be your medicine and medicine be your food!), including the energetics of food, right food combinations, frequency, right preparation, seasonal effect etc, which affect wellbeing and healing at physical, mental and spiritual levels.- Debunk the myths of modern nutrition.- Find out the truth about 'controversial' food such as cabrohydrates, fats, and dairy- Discover which diet is right for you. Learn how to eat for your unique constitution.6. Ayurvedic Herbology $2550- Metabolism, internal fire(s), the 14 fires (agnis) and their contribution to health- How undigested food and emotions create and accumulate endotoxins (ama) in the mind-body, and cleanse the toxins clogging your gut.- Significance of the five winds (pancha vayus) and indications of disturbance (Prana Prakopa)- Principles of expansion (brmhana) and contraction (langhana) and their effects on mind-body- Learn how to channelise food through the channel system (srotas, nadis) and the principles of solar and lunar flows (surya and chandra) on mind-body- Learn the powerful Ayuyrvedic protocol to detox through food.- Learn traditional Ayurvedic cooking and Plant Medicine.-Incorporate healing herbs and spices in your everyday meals.We are multi-faceted beings with physical, energetic, mental, wisdom and spiritual sheaths, intimately connected to the universe around us which has be classified as the animal, plant and mineral kingdoms. Throughout the eons, humankind has used nearly everything as medicine, not always understanding how or why they work. Ayurveda has profound knowledge of the interaction of the world around us and how it contributes to health or disease. This study will lay the foundation of that understanding with emphasis on the plant kingdom and its food and medicinal properties. Ayurvedic herbalism is a highly accessible, practical form of treatment that provides simple and effective remedies to address inflammation, digestive issues, stress, hormones, and improve your mental clarity, sleep, hair, skin, and more. It helps you uplevel your baseline of health and live disease-free.- Basic principles of Ayurved andAyurvedic Herbology- Herbal therapy and herbal medicine preparation- Identification of the importanan, and commonly used plants of Ayurveda- Ayurvedic characteristics / properties of the plants- Organoleptic properties of the plants such as colour, taste, smell, touch and appearance- Information about the phytoactive components of plants used in essential Ayurvedic remedies
- Preparation of different forms of formulations such as powder, paste, decoction, expressed juice, hot infusion, cold infusion.
- Therapeutic effect and the mechanism of the plants from Ayurvedic and western medicine point of view- Scientific published data on the plants- Learn Tthe principles to make own customisied herbal combinations- Learn the principles to combine the well-known Ayurvedic herbs with Western herbs
- Introduction of important Ayurvedic formulations from the ancient Ayurvedic treatises, such as:
- A set of potent antioxidants known as the Triphala
- An anti-inflammatory remedy to help curb disease
- Ashwagandha, a common Ayurvedic herb for decreasing anxiety
- Shatavari, a special remedy for women for anti-aging and treating menopause
- How you can improve your mental clarity and focus, using an herb called Gotu KolaMedicinal and Aromatic Plants
1. Experiments for the introduction of some medicinal plants to the South East Queensland region of Australia.
2. Growing and utilisation of fenugreek (Trigonella foenum grecum L.) on the Gold Coast
3. Biology of germination of fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum L.)
4. Selection and comparative test of fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum L.) and new varietes.
5. Study of seed produce, protein and chemicaly contains of fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum L.), used in herbal medicine.
6. Herb grower`s session damage caused by Cercospora Traversina sacc. in fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum L.) crop.
7. Examination of biologically active compuds of fatty oils of medicinal and alternative herbs separated by cold-moulding.
8. Growing and utilization of ginseng (Panax ginseng C. A. Meyer) in Hungary.
9. Parasites and pathogenes of ginseng (Panax ginseng C. A. Meyer) in the Hungarian cultivation.
10. The yield and inner content examination of different poppy varieties.
11. Growing and utilization of tigernuts (Cyperus esculentus L. var. sativus Boeck.) in Hungary.
12. Growing of alternative - and energy plants in the Rebublik of Hungary.
13. Production the oils of medicinal- and alternative herbs separated by cold – moulding
14. Production of high biological value food industrial products and pharmacuticals resurs with a new processing techology of fenugreek(Trigonella foenum graecum L.)
15. Determining biochemical effect mechanisms of different materials, drugs extracted from different medicinal and alternative plants on biological of the organism for the sake of controlling the establishment of pathological processes
16. The comparative study of the accumulation of sterols in fenugreek Trigonella foenum-graecum L
17. Growing of alternative - and energy plants variety ÓVÁRI GIGANT® in the Rebublik of Hungary7. Ayurvedic concept of Health and Understanding of Disease. $2500Relax, Rejuvenate and Restore: Ayurvedic treatment of diseases.Disease is primarily caused because of the unwholesome conjunction of the senses, disregard of intelligence, or crimes against wisdom and poor self care, or self abandonment. You will learn about- The role of the five elements, doshas and tissues and wastes in health and disease- Six stages of disease (samprapti) - pathogenesis of disease- Basics of Ayurvedic cleansing and detoxification- Setting priorities to manage both acute and chronic symptoms through pacification (shamana) and purification (shodhana).8. Rejuvenation, Longevity, Virility (rasayana, vajikarana) . $1550This subject will provide an understanding about Ayurvedic rejuvenation therapies, rasayana. It will also deliver a very basic but clear understanding of the theory and objective behind Ayurveda’s famed science of the five physiological detoxification and purification processes, panchkarma therapy, at a level appropriate to the ALC course. There will not be any practicals involved with this.a. Health, Longevity and the Disease process $495b. Rejuvenation (Rasayana) RASVAJ-1 $495c. Virilification and Aphrodisiacs (Vajikaran) RASVAJ-2 $495d. The five actions. Introduction to 5 actions (pancha karma) $495
9. Ayurveda and the Mind $1550Stress Management.Your attention is a like a beam of energy and it affects whatever it is focused on. When your inner energy is disturbed by stress, imbalance lifestyle, mental blockage and so on, your body and life starts reflecting what’s underneath it onto the outside. If it's affecting your body, you'll start seeing bad signs on your skin or organs. If it's affecting your mind, you'll notice disappointments or failures in your life. But by connecting and raisingy our inner energy, you can actually heal quickly.Most people spend more money on what they put on their head than they do in it. Yet it's what you've got in your head (or, more specifically, your subconscious mind) that is ultimately responsible for how your whole life turns out. Your subconscious, filled with ideas, images and beliefs of abundance leads to an abundant, wealthy, happy life full of opportunities and possibilities. Whereas, a subconscious filled with ideas, images and beliefs of lack leads to a life full of limitation, hopelessness and limited supply.
If you have problems with focus, ADD, anxiety, depression, addictions, obsessiveness, anger or memory problems, the study and practie of yoga and Ayurveda may completely change your life. It can help save your relationships, optimise school or work performance, and help you fight off anxiety and depression. Improve mood, focus, memory and overall success by optimising the physical (improve blood flow to the prefrontal cortex, the most human part of the brain) and emotional function of your mind and your life10. Ayurvedic Relaxation massage $299511. Allied Ayurvedic treatments: kati basti (for lower back pain); shirodhara, etc. $159512. Ayurvedic Lifestyle consultations, with lifestyle, diet and the whole picture $1550The Good Life. Ayurvedic psychology, the spiritual aspects of Ayurveda and Ayurvedic yoga therapy to get well and stay well. $1550
Shanti Gowans is the globally recognised author and founder of Shanti Yoga™, Meditation and Ayurveda for the self, family and community.
Shantiji has brought the concepts and practices of a healthy body and a still mind to thousands of Australians through her Yoga and Meditation programs on national television... Read more about Shantiji's biography
Travel with Shanti & Peter Gowans this November for a trip of a lifetime.