Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness.
Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth the ignorance of which kill countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too.
All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. Whatever you can do or dream you can...Begin it now.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe:
Choose one task for each day of the month, and then repeat every month. When you are finally organised, you will finally be free.
1. Weed out ONE possession today. Set it free and imagine your space feeling lighter.
2. Pick a room...any room. Find ONE item that is not in its proper home and put it back. If it doesn’t have a home, make one.
3. Determine a category in your house that is a cause of clutter overload...your books, your shoes, your magazines, etc. Focus on getting rid of THREE items in that category today.
4. Identify ONE source of emotional clutter you’re dealing with? Write it in your journal. Then, write TWO sources of positive energy in your life. (your children, rainbows, having clean water to drink, your pet, whatever. Doing so will help you reframe your mind.)
5. Weed out ONE file folder today...or 10 sheets of random paper.
6. Delete TEN unnecessary email messages from your email inbox.
7. Cross out ONE unnecessary TO DO or GOAL. Remember, not every task or goal is important enough to pursue.
8. Say goodbye to ONE kitchen gadget or appliance you never use.
9. Bid a fond farewell to THREE clothing items (clothes/shoes/purses/ties/ accessories) you have that don’t flatter your shape or make you feel AMAZING when you wear them.
10. Delete THREE computer files cluttering up your hard drive.
11. Delete THREE photos on your computer or smart phone that you no longer need.
12. Fold any clean clothes in your laundry basket and put them away.
13. Do ONE load of washing right now, from start to finish.
14. Work with each of your children to give away ONE toy each. Bring each child to the Donation Center and explain the importance of helping others.
15. Deliver any donation bags/boxes you have to your favorite charity, or call to schedule a charity pick up.
16. Let go of ONE decorative or holiday-related item in your home that you’re not overly sentimental about.
17. Remove all clutter from a surface (a desk, the top of a bench, dressing-table, your refrigerator) and clean it off well.
18. Go through outerwear and get rid of ONE item that no longer fits your size or style.
19. Recycle ONE magazine, catalog, or newspaper you have sitting around.
20. Declutter your purse or wallet.
21. Get rid of ONE cleaning supply or tool you never use.
22. Weed out and clean one shelf in your refrigerator or freezer.
23. Weed out and clean one shelf in your pantry OR one kitchen cabinet.
24. Safely dispose of ONE item from your medicine cabinet or toiletries supply. Whether it’s expired or you no longer wish to use it, discard it.
25. Weed out ONE DVD OR clear out ONE television show or movie you’ve DVR’d and never got around to watching.
26. Donate or discard ONE towel, pillowcase, blanket, or other linen that is no longer in good condition.
27. Give ONE piece of costume jewelry to your child, grandchild, or a friend. Or donate it.
28. Go in your hobby area and choose ONE item to give away.
29. Find ONE item in your house that you no longer need. Take a photo of it and try to sell it to your friends on Facebook or on another online rummage sale or auction web site.
30. Get rid of ONE unnecessary item in your car.