There are over 3,000 words to describe feelings in the English language! Emotional Intelligence is using your intelligence to handle your feelings and their circumstances graciously and skillfully.
Here are six key questions that are fundamental to your life and happiness:
1. What am I feeling right now?
2. What outcome do I want in this situation?
3. What can I do now to create the outcome I desire?
4. How can I get back on a course that will bring satisfaction and success?
5. How can I handle difficult situations with calm and maintain equanimity?
6. How can I learn to gracefully cope with an ever-changing environment?
In asking yourself these six questions regularly, you can use them to connect with the world compassionately.
Do you have a strong “inner GPS” of emotional Intelligence that helps you to navigate the world of emotions in yourself, and connect with others with empathy and compassion?
Here are some pointers to work with: motional Intelligence for a Compassionate World,
• Enhance your relationships by using emotional intelligence to build a compassionate world.
• Build your capacity to be empathetic and compassionate.
Shanti Gowans is the globally recognised author and founder of Shanti Yoga™, Meditation and Ayurveda for the self, family and community.
Shantiji has brought the concepts and practices of a healthy body and a still mind to thousands of Australians through her Yoga and Meditation programs on national television... Read more about Shantiji's biography
Travel with Shanti & Peter Gowans this November for a trip of a lifetime.