Home > Recipes > Firni - Creamed Rice Pudding
Firni - Creamed Rice Pudding
4 Jan 2017 Shanti Gowans
Fresh Milk 300ml
Ground rice 45g
Almonds - ground 1 tbls
Evaporated milk 500g
Rosewater 1 tbls
Cardamom 1 tsp - ground
Almonds - flaked 25g
Pistachio nuts 25g, lightly crushed
Dried Apricot 25g - finely chopped
• Put the fresh milk into a heavy based saucepan over a medium heat.
• Mix the ground rice and ground almonds together and sprinkle evenly over the milk.
• Bring the milk to the boil, stirring frequently.
• Add the evaporated milk and sugar, and stir over a low heat for 6-8 mins.
• Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool, stirring occasionally to prevent skin from forming on top.
• Stir in the rosewater and the gound cardamom.
• Reserve a few almonds, pistachios and apricots and sir the remainder into the pudding.
• Transfer the firni into a serving dish and top with reserved fruit and nuts.
• Serve hot or cold.
Variation: Add a few coarsely chopped raw cashews while cooking the ground rice and ground almonds.
Preparation time: 5-10 mins.
Cooking time: About 15 mins.
Add Your Comment