White, red, black quinoa with amaranth or plain quinoa 1 cup, rinsed well
Fresh, whole green beans and or fresh asparagus Handful
Vine ripened tomatoes 6, quartered
Spring onions 3, chopped
Fresh sprouts Half a cup
Fresh coriander Small bunch, chopped
Parsley Small bunch, chopped
Lettuce and rocket leaves
Olive oil 50ml
Lime juice 50ml, about two limes, freshly squeezed
Lime Zest of one lime
Sea salt and cracked pepper
• Bring the quinoa mix to the boil in 2.5 cups of water
• Simmer till cooked; approx 10-15 mins.
• Strain and fluff up with a fork. Allow to cool a little.
• Blanch the beans and or asparagus in boiling water, then rinse in cold water.
• Place all the ingredients except lettuce and rocket into a large bowl and mix.
• Then place all the dressing ingredients into a small jar and shake to mix.
• Pour over the quinoa mixture.
• Layer the quinoa mix with lettuce and rocket on to a serving platter or in a large bowl.
• Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with lime zest.
This salad is fresh, filling and full of goodness. It is very much mix and match, so use any chopped veges that are in season and add ingredients such as sliced avocado or shredded carrot, nuts and eggs if you want to make it more a meal.