Dancing with Shiva
1. How to begin a Practice of Yoga: Basic aspects of Yoga philosophy, Hygiene, Diet, Asanas and Pranayama
2. Yoga - Intermediate Practice: Basic intermediate aspects and practices of Yoga asanas, pranayama, relaxation and concentration, in sequence to 'How to begin a practice of Yoga'.
3. Advanced Yoga Practice: Advanced aspects anbd practices of Yoga asanas, pranayama, relaxation and concentration, in sequence to 'How to begin a practice of Yoga', and 'Yoga - Ingtermediate Practice'.
4. Senior Yoga Practice: The senior most yoga aspects and practices of Yoga asanas, pranayamas, relaxation and the first stages of Antaranga Yoga, Pratyahara, and the Jnana Yoga kriyas including the hang Sah Kriya and Yoga nidra, in sequence to 'How to begin a practice of Yoga', and 'Yoga - Ingtermediate Practice', and 'Advanced Yoga Practice'.
5. Yoga Samyama: An intimate study and practice of trhe higher phases of Raja Yoga, the Jnana Yoga and Raja Yoga kriyas. These practices should never be practised independently from wholistic yoga, which must include asana, kriyas, mudras, pranayama and Yoga relaxation.
6. Surya Namaskar: The yoga path of solar attunement
7. Mudras: A language of hand, foot and other body parts, emotions, mind and psyche.
8. Yoga for Children: Children's book of Shanti Yoga. As a twig is bent
9. Yoga for Tween and Teens: Peaceful Warrior
10. Yoga for Seniors. The Best is yet to be
11. Chair Yoga
12. Yoga Nidra
13. Meditation: Easy Guide to Meditation.
14. Teaching Yoga
15. Pranayama, Yoga's science of Breath Control: Breathe for Health
16. Moral restraints (yama) and Ethical observances (niyama) in Yoga: For better, not worse
Love Yoga or want to try it finally? Walking into a yoga class as a beginner can be an intimidating experience. You may feel you're not flexible enough, not strong enough, or not calm enough to make it through an entire class. However, this Beginner series provides you with the opportunity to engage your mind and body in a study of your self, discovering breath and movement in a non-competitive and nurturing environment.
We focus on foundational Shanti Yoga work and breath practices. The practices are progressive, layering one movement on top of the next, so that your experience and understanding of yoga continues to deepen.
• Introduction to Yoga, Pranayama (breathing). Neck, shoulders and Nidra (deep relaxation)
• Introduction to Standing postures: Forward bends and twists, Back bends
• Introduction to Balance.
• Sitting sequence, Hip openers and heart openers.
• Introduction to arm balances and inversions.
• Introduction to Meditation
• Introduction to vinyasa - sun salutations.
This series is designed to empower you to attend any class at ShantiYoga with confidence after its conclusion, armed with appropriate variations to protect yourself from injury and get the most out of the class.
Shanti Gowans is the globally recognised author and founder of Shanti Yoga™, Meditation and Ayurveda for the self, family and community.
Shantiji has brought the concepts and practices of a healthy body and a still mind to thousands of Australians through her Yoga and Meditation programs on national television... Read more about Shantiji's biography
Travel with Shanti & Peter Gowans this November for a trip of a lifetime.