LUNCHBOX: Body and Soul Meals - Eat well, Be well, Heal
Many people are feeling powerless against the forces that are denying and exacerbating climate change, but peer-reviewed research continues to show that switching to a plant-based diet has a massively smaller climate footprint, and requires far less energy and far fewer resources to produce.Nutrition and preventative choices are the foundation of good health. Eat your medicine.
We can each make a meaningful difference for the planet and for animals by rejecting all animal exploitation and use. The power is in our hands, and the science is on our side.
Every time you choose an organic, plant-powered meal, you make an important decision for good.
What you eat impacts your health, your animal friends on land and sea, as well as the Earth itself. Pure thought and pure action are fueled by pure food.
Pure thought and pure action are about creating positive change by starting from the inside, with mindfulness, meditation, yoga, and pure food.
SUPER DELICIOUS WEIGHT LOSS MEALS
Delicious food that is not full of chemicals, pesticides, hormones, antobiotics and GMOs.
When we make discriminating choices about which foods to eat and what to give attention to during the eating process, our food sadhana can become a powerful and practical mechanism to increase our inner reserves of energy, boost our will power and expand our capacity for creativity.
Eating for Happiness
Food is the first happiness.
Food is medicine and medicine is food.
Eating well is not about deprivation. Shanti Yoga cooking is a gastronomic odyssey - a journey through the vibrant colours, spices and tastes of authentic Indian cuisine that nourisnes you fro the inside out. Whether sampling a dhal, exploring the impact of spicy ginger or trying basmati rice, you experience the soul of Indian food - the real flavours, ingredients and techniques that make up this tasty and fragrant cuisine.
GLOWING SKIN AND VIBRANT HEALTH
Did you know that what you eat and drink is the most vital part to anti-ageing equation, much more than the creams and topicals you use?
Holistic approach to your wellbeing
Eat delicious and healthy meals
Manage your weight
EAT WELL. BE WELL. ENJOY YOUR LIFE
- Do you choose to be vegetarian? Have you come across Philip Wollen's animal rights speech re. meat off the menu? Wollen is a former VP of Citibank and Australian philanthropist who is known to keep out of the limelight. But, he does deliver a huge performance and a powerful message packed in just 10-minutes. Here's a link:
Philip Wollen, Australian Philanthropist, Former VP of Citibank, Makes Blazing Animal Rights Speech <http://shar.es/1n5IsN>
- Do you come home tired from work, the gym etc. and eat ‘fast food’ because of hunger, exhaustion and not much else available?
- Are you too busy for time-consuming food preparation, needed to cook balanced, healthy, tasty meals?
- Are you frustrated with:
- Feeling irritable and lacking in energy?
- Fad diets?
- Bland, tasteless food?
- The regimentation of attending classes and weigh-ins?
- Do you spend valuable time shopping for food, doing the dishes?
- Would you rather have a balanced, tasty and healthy meal that is vegetarian?
low salt, low fat, NO preservatives – that still tastes delicious
No animal products – no diary, no eggs.
No added sugar
No artificial colorings
No artificial flavourings
Clean, whole foods and natural ingredients
Organic produce wherever possible
Chemical and pesticide free wherever possible
Cooked in stainless steel
Rotation of grains, seeds, pulses
HEALTHY DINNERS FOR ONE
• No contracts to sign • No shopping • No classes to attend • No cooking • No washing up
Store lunchbox in freezer. (Remember, no preservatives).
- Microwave: Remove from container in frozen state to a suitable dish. Cover. Heat in microwave for 8 minutes. Enjoy. Can also be microwaved in the container it is purchased in. No need to defrost.
- Oven: Pre-heat oven to 190º C. Remove from container to a oven safe dish. Heat for approx 20 minutes in a fan-forced over; about 10-15 minutes. Longer in a conventional oven.
- Stovetop: Thaw and place in a suitable container. Place container with meal on top of a saucepan with boiling water. 10-15 mins.
Shanti Gowans is the globally recognised author and founder of Shanti Yoga™, Meditation and Ayurveda for the self, family and community.
Shantiji has brought the concepts and practices of a healthy body and a still mind to thousands of Australians through her Yoga and Meditation programs on national television... Read more about Shantiji's biography
Travel with Shanti & Peter Gowans this November for a trip of a lifetime.