Yoga is the ultimate science of human transformation. The Health Institute Australia's Yoga Teacher Training program is the culmination of four decades of Shanti Gowans' experience in teaching yoga to monastic and lay students, and training yoga teachers. It provides a comprehensive, fully integrated curriculum, in three parts, that far surpasses the standards set by the industry, and produces exceptional teachers who are recognised as gurus in their field of influence. You too can reap the rewards of this education in your personal life, with your work, for economic benefit, and in local and international arenas.
The trendiness of popular yoga will have us believe that Yoga is just a vehicle for exercise. However, Yoga is so much more. Yoga is an ancient science that will radically transform your life and thought processes to readily manifest health, abundance and happiness into your life. It is a powerful, transformational practice and an ideal way of self-cultivation that leads to physical and mental health and healing, spiritual and moral development, ethical behaviour and ultimately better society.
Shanti Yoga has evolved from a traditional lineage of authentic, classical yoga through the mind of a deeply experienced Yogi with 4 decades of experience of teaching in the West.
It integrates and incorporates the knowledge, philosophies and practices of traditional yoga, Patanjali's Yoga Sutras with contemporary developments in yoga that are universal and of direct relevance to the current stage of evolution in our western society.
Shanti Yoga teacher training is based on personal growth, helping others, shedding the ego and turning negativity into positive thinking and actions, to awaken the world. When you study to be a Yoga Teacher at Health Institute Australia, your course will involve much more than just downward dog, handstands or sun salutations, and also much more than just textbook learning. You will be taught the history of Yoga, along with its philosophy, and psychology and learn a wide range of practices and skills to gain the ideal preparation for your future.
All your course materials are provided, and you will have the bonus of experiencing yoga life at spiritual retreats. There is no enticement to spend money on additional requirements in the form of packages, workshops, seminars, and so on, for deepening your knowledge and practice.
Competition is not factored in, nor encouraged. The energy at Health Institute Australia is uplifting and infectious. Over the years, we have seen thousands of lives touched, changed, transformed and saved by the revolutionary, creative experimenting that has had people falling in love with their yoga again, or for the first time, whilst never stop their exploring.
Our flagship training curriculum is an exhilarating 10-part experience that harmonises twenty-first century science and ancient wisdom in one eye-opening path to self-empowerment. See yourself blossom into your best self. Balance your mind, body and spirit. It's combined personal and professional development as you learn the practical applications of the healing art of yoga and its principles in all realms of life in the foundational year:
- Self mastery
- Yoga and Ayurvedic health and principles for self-care
- Yoga history, literature, and philosophy
- Yoga postures from head to toe, asana
- Yoga breathing, pranayama
- Yoga relaxation, nidra
- Yoga concentration, motivation, memory retention, dharana
- Yoga meditation, dhyana
- Yoga sound, chanting, mantra, kirtan, bhajan, sanskrit
- Yoga practices for ethical living
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid certificate is also part of the course and must be studied in your first year. It is a pre-requisite for industry placement. It is delivered externally and not inluded in your course fees. If you do not hold a current Senior First Aid certificate, HIA can assist you to arrange this; additional course fees apply. Alternatively you can complete Senior First Aid at an outside provider and provide HIA with a certified copy of your certificate prior to Clinic/Placement.
Healing Yoga. Ease head, neck and shoulder stiffness, tension and pain.
Sun Salutations, the Yogic way to Fitness
Making Life Work
Shanti Yoga Wellbeing - Level One
Samadhi - 67 mins. CD
Hatha Yoga - 63 mins. CD
Yoga for Health and Fitness - 54 mins. CD
N.B. Additional course notes are provided in subsequent levels of teacher training, and incur additional fees.
5. Our Gifts to you
Make your own way up to S.E. Queensland, and
• Attend Children's Yoga teacher training 2 day workshop. Workshop is optional and complimentary to course students. Fees for resources apply. Children’s Yoga teacher training workshops in 2017:
1-2 April 2017, 10am-5pm
4-5 November 2017, 10am-5pm
More information: http://www.shantiyoga.com.au/short-courses/yoga-courses-kids-yoga-training.php
• Whilst you are a current, financial student of the course, you are welcome to attend residential weekend retreats at Nirvana Wellness Retreat, Beechmont (@ 20 hours per weekend), which includes accommodation, meals and activities @ special student concessional rates
Government recognised college
Government accredited courses
40+ years of providing yoga and ayurvedic education in Australia
Local students are able to receive Austudy payments to do our courses
Overseas student can obtain visas to study with us
The one and only college in Australia to offer Yoga courses for overseas students
Text books and manuals for our courses are included in our course fees
Yoga Retreat accommodation, meals and tuition at Nirvana Wellness retreat, in the hinterland of the Gold Coast and return airfare are included in your course fees
Flexible payment options.
Fees for Domestic students 10533NAT Certificate IV in Yoga
Shanti Gowans is the globally recognised author and founder of Shanti Yoga™, Meditation and Ayurveda for the self, family and community.
Shantiji has brought the concepts and practices of a healthy body and a still mind to thousands of Australians through her Yoga and Meditation programs on national television... Read more about Shantiji's biography
Travel with Shanti & Peter Gowans this November for a trip of a lifetime.