Yoga Teacher Training, Sydney
The trendiness of popular yoga will have us believe that Yoga is just a vehicle for exercise. However, Yoga is so much more. Yoga is an ancient science that will radically transform your life and thought processes to readily manifest health, abundance and happiness into your life. It is a powerful, transformational practice and an ideal way of self-cultivation that leads to physical and mental health and healing, spiritual and moral development, ethical behaviour and ultimately better society.
Shanti Yoga has evolved from a traditional lineage of authentic, classical yoga through the mind of a deeply experienced Yogi with 40+ years of experience of teaching in the West.
It integrates and incorporates the knowledge, philosophies and practices of traditional yoga, Patanjali's Yoga Sutras with contemporary developments in yoga that are universal and of direct relevance to the current stage of evolution in our western society.
Shanti Yoga teacher training is based on personal growth, helping others, shedding the ego and turning negativity into positive thinking and actions, to awaken the world. When you study to be a Yoga Teacher at Health Institute Australia, your course will involve much more than just downward dog, handstands or sun salutations, and also much more than just textbook learning. You will be taught the history of Yoga, along with its philosophy, and psychology and learn a wide range of practices and skills to gain the ideal preparation for your future.
All your course materials are provided, and you will have the bonus of experiencing yoga life at spiritual retreats. There is no enticement to spend money on additional requirements in the form of packages, workshops, seminars, and so on, for deepening your knowledge and practice.
Competition is not factored in, nor encouraged. The energy at Health Institute Australia is uplifting and infectious. Over the years, we have seen thousands of lives touched, changed, transformed and saved by the revolutionary, creative experimenting that has had people falling in love with their yoga again, or for the first time, whilst never stop their exploring.
Conducted over 52 weeks, comprising an academic year of 40 weeks duration, with breaks.
Certificate IV in Yoga10553NAT will inspire you with a creative engagement with Yoga from the ground up. It is a 600 hour government accredited, austudy applicable course. Even if you have absolutely no past experience of yoga, you are able to apply.
1. FUNDAMENTAL CLASSROOM ATTENDANCE AND PRACTICE
2. LIVING YOGA AND AYURVEDA RETREAT with Asana, Pranayama, Nidra and Meditation experiences with Shanti Gowans and team on the Gold Coast
One face-to-face weekend of intensive study and practice with Shantiji and team, on the Gold Coast. Inclusive of retirn airfare (Sydney-Gold Coast/Brisbane), 2 nights shared accommodation and 6 vegetarian meals and tuition. Friday evening 6 pm to Sunday 4pm at Nirvana Wellness Sanctuary, 87 Binnaburra Road, Beechmont. Queensland. Dates by negotation, but need to be aligned with the current schedule of Yoga retreats.
One week at retreat at Nirvana Wellness Sanctuary. All meals, 7 nights of twin-share accommodation with shared facilities, all meals and activities. You will need to fund your own travel to the Gold Coast for this option. Choose one week at Nirvana Wellness Sanctuary from the following dates:
Samadhi - 67 mins. CD
Hatha Yoga - 63 mins. CD
Yoga for Health and Fitness - 54 mins. CD
Shanti Yoga Wellbeing - Level One
- Overview and Introduction
- Self Mastery
- Yoga and Ayurvedic Health and principles for self-care
- Yoga history, literature, and philosophy
Yoga postures from head to toe, asana
Yoga breathing, pranayama
Yoga relaxation, nidra
Yoga concentration, motivation, memory retention, dharana
Yoga meditation, dhyana
- Yoga sound, chanting, mantra, kirtan, bhajan, sanskrit
- Yoga practices for ethical living
- HLTAID003. Provide first aid certificate is also part of the course and must be studied in your first year. It is a pre-requisite for industry placement. It is delivered externally and not included in your course fees. If you do not hold a current Senior First Aid certificate, HIA can assist you to arrange this with an external provider additional fees apply. Alternatively you can complete Senior First Aid at an outside provider and provide HIA with a certified copy of your certificate prior to certification.
• Attend Children's Yoga teacher training 2 day workshop. Make your own way to Queensland. Workshop complimentary to course students. Fees for resources apply. Children’s Yoga teacher training workshops in 2017
28,29 April 2018, 10am-5pm
21,22 October 2018, 10am-5pm
Fees for Domestic students 10533NAT Certificate IV in Yoga
N.B. Additional course notes are provided in subsequent levels of teacher training, and incur additional fees.
Shanti Gowans is the globally recognised author and founder of Shanti Yoga™, Meditation and Ayurveda for the self, family and community.
Shantiji has brought the concepts and practices of a healthy body and a still mind to thousands of Australians through her Yoga and Meditation programs on national television... Read more about Shantiji's biography
Travel with Shanti & Peter Gowans this November for a trip of a lifetime.