Yoga Courses - Children's Yoga Teacher Training
If you are a mum, teacher, childcare provider or someone who cares deeply about the wellbeing of the children in your life and find yourself needing new ideas, inspiration and enthusiasm, we have good news for you. Research has proven that consistent yoga practice facilitates children in staying grounded and helps them navigate their way through daily stress. Shanti Yoga™ has revolutionised the way the ancient science of yoga is taught to children. This refreshing, playful and unique, gound-breaking approach, opens up a world of peace, creativity, joy and discipline to children from all walks of life.
Yoga is a system of many different things to be practiced as well as ways to think and feel. It make the body and mind strong and healthy and helps children be happy, peaceful and full of good energy. The results: less stress, greater success, for all teachers, parents, child-focussed professionals and students. We are privileged to be able to touch the lives of children, to make a difference to them, and help them make a difference.
The Shanti Yoga for Children's program is such a wonderful way to have a positive, peaceful, loving impact on our world, bringing Shantiji's vision to life, and continue to spread the light. The foundation training includes a comprehensive, residential intensive with:
- practicum, consisting of all the components (content, structure, activities that underpin children's Yoga) and the Shanti Yoga way of teaching and connecting with children
- getting in touch with your own body's love of movement, wisdom and creativity
- new ways for you and the children you teach to access inner happiness
- resources, materials, tools and class templates that are professional, generous and immediately usable for you to start running a children's yoga class and also for home study.
- 2 days of fun, laughter, love, learning and inspiration that will help you connect in new and exciting ways with the child within you
- overnight, single rooms or twin-share accommodation at Nirvana Wellness Retreat
- delicious, healthy, vegetarian meals (breakfast x 1, lunch x 2, dinner x 1)
- life changing experiences.
You will learn how to:
- Create, design and plan classes with passion and enthusiasm.
- Include all the components that make up a great children's yoga class, including yoga postures, movements and exercises (asanas), yogic breathing (pranayama), meditation (antar mauna) and relaxation (nidra).
- A whole new array of creative ways to connect with children
- Engage, inspire, teach and deliver children's yoga classes that leave each and every child feeling happy, empowered and believing in themselves.
The concept, philosophy, methods and training objectives of Shanti Yoga for children is taught during a residential weekend intensive. You will leave with tools, practices and fun techniques to begin using with children immediately. You will then serve your apprenticeship, with home study and practicum designed to be completed in 6-12 months. Upon completion of your home study practicum, you will attend a weekend revision, culmination and integration, present a practicum workshop and be awarded your certification.
Course attendees are also invited to be present and attend the Shanti children's yoga program towards their practicum, on Mondays 4.00-4.45pm, conducted during Queensland school terms with their children, and have their children also experience being at a Shanti Yoga learning centre and in our Shanti Yoga children’s room or enjoying the early afternoon outdoors in after school care programs, exploring their world in yoga and engaging in fun learning activities.
Children’s Yoga Instructor Training Intensive.
Upcoming Intensive date
18-19 May, 2013
Residential at Nirvana Wellness Retreat,
87 Binnaburra Road, Beechmont. Queensland.
Course and resources fee:
New instructors $2500
Refresher/repeat students 50%
Includes overnight accommodation and meals
Shantiji has written some insightful, practical yogic material, helpful for children and their parents to start you on your way.
- Intimacy, Love and Transformation. Using spiritual principles to guide your relationships and parenting.
- Meditation for Children on 2 CDs
- The Childrens’ Book of Shanti Yoga™
- Yoga Education for Children: As a twig is shaped. A manual for for teaching Shanti Yoga to children for teachers and parents.
Tweens and Teens Course - Coming Soon!