Ayurvedic Detox Retreats
for groups or individuals
Exceptional Wellbeing - Feel better naturally
•LONGEVITY •LOSE WEIGHT •DETOXIFY •DE-STRESS • GET HEALTHY
wholistic, comprehensive, Ayurvedic detox healing program
• an Ayurvedic consultation
• instruction in the healing practices of meditation, yoga and Ayurveda
• panchakarma detoxification therapy and treatments, for a complete health overhaul
• diet, nutrition and high grade herbal supplements to help clean you inside and out, and begin anew
• Ayurvedic cooking class
What is Ayurveda?
Authentic, completely holistic health care, Ayurveda, the science of life and ancient healing practice from India, takes into account the physical and mental constitution, current health, imbalances and deficiencies of an individual in order to treat the underlying cause of ailments. Emphasising internal cleansing, detoxification, mind-body realignment, and rejuvenation based on herbs and natural foods, Ayurveda, together with yoga, meditation, food and medicines with herbal knowledge, massage and bodywork coalesce to create a complete rejuvenation experience.
What conditions can Ayurveda treat?
Offering personally tailored rejuvenation programs based on Ayurvedic principles for conditions such as arthritis, back pain, headaches, asthma, heart disease, hypertension, chronic fatigue, muscle cramps, circulatory, digestive and skin problems. If you seek to enhance and improve your overall health, wellbeing and boost your immune system, the Ayurvedic rejuvenation and panchakarma programs offered here are ideal.
A typical Ayurvedic consultation and rejuvenation program at detox retreat consists of:
- • 1-to-1 evaluation designed to determine the present stamina, energy level, constitution and general health of your body-type.
- • A treatment program which can include: dietary, nutritional and lifestyle advice, herbal supplements, breathing practices, exercise, yoga therapy, meditation and therapeutic body treatments such as Ayurvedic or other massage.
- The Bodywork and applications are natural and smooth, not invasive or painful.
- Special dietary suggestions with appropriate meals.
- Practical training: yoga, meditation, deep relaxation, cooking.
- Detoxification and healing, in accord with the body's needs.
- Extra: Any specific herbs suggested by the practitioner.
What is panchakarma?
Panchakarma (detox) is a rich experience that leaves both the mind and body feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. Recognising that many illnesses result from the build-up of toxins in the body that impair the functioning of its natural defences (lymph, circulatory and immune systems, together with respiratory and elimination systems), panchakarma promotes healing and restoration by eliminating toxins from the channel systems in the body. Unlike other detoxification programs, panchakarma is a gentle process that achieves deep cleansing without discomfort, and allows rejuvenating energy to flow freely through the body. Panchakarma is Ayurveda's powerful five step detoxification therapy consisting of a series of massage and cleansing treatments which are used to release the physical and emotional toxins stored in the body.
Why should I attend an Ayurvedic detox?
You were born with everything you need to heal yourself. After millions of years of evolution, your body is equipped for any challenges that comes its way: germs, cancer cells, you name it. But a huge, profit-driven medical establishment has been built around healing from the outside in, instead of inside out. The power of self-heaing starts with detox. Nirvana Wellness detox retreats empower you to get well and stay well.
How do toxins acculmulate in the body?
Toxins enter our body through the air we breathe, the water we drink, the food we eat and even through our skin. Excess stress hormones make it more difficult for our bodies to lose the fat we are trying to get rid of. Yeast can also overload out bodies with toxins that cause our immune systems to work overtime; inflammation sets in, leading to inflammatory weight gain. This is a simple fact of life. Additionally, exposure to processed foods, prescription and over-the-counter medication, alcohol and pollution in the air can really take their toll on our bodies. Particularly our digestive systems. Our native ancestors had access to pure air and clean foods that helped keep the waste their bodies produced moving swiftly and efficiently out of their system. However, today your system can easily become clogged with toxins and metabolic waste.
Detox: Purification to Rejuvenation
Detox, short for detoxification, is the removal of potentially toxic substances from the body. Although detox is primarily thought of as a treatment for alcohol or drug dependence, it is also a term used in alternative medicine to refer to diets, herbs, and other methods of removing environmental and dietary and other toxins from the mind and body towards general health and wellbeing. We conduct two main detox residential retreats a year with diet, herbal medicines and treatments that cleanse the seven tissue channels in the body. Optional detox and purification programs can also be conducted together with regular retreats.
A detox retreat will help you get your system working efficiently. It will help you:
- Restore proper digestion. Promote regularity.
- Eliminate bloating, gas and shifting aches and pain.
- Cleanse your body of harmful pollutants and toxic chemicals.
- Produce more energy
- Build hormonal health: Overcome mood swings, low energy, cravings for sugar or salt, restless sleep, waning libido, weight gain, changes in skin tone.
- You’ll look and feel a whole lot better.
Cleansing is not about magic pills, sitting on the toilet for days or starving yourself. Medicine, elimination and diet must work together with education to safely eliminate the toxins we all have stored in our body’s tissues and memories.
Join us at Nirvana Wellness Retreat for this totally unique, absolutely transformative and very inspiring signature event. You will be glad you did, because it’s not about a quick fix, it’s about building health and wellbeing for the rest of your life. It’s based on solid nutritional and behavioural sciences, about whole foods, changing habits, moderation, understanding yourself and being a better you!
Feel Better Naturally - The Art of Exceptionally Healthy Living