Mission and overview
Less stress and greater success, for teachers and students.
The Shanti Yoga Program for Children is a complete leadership development program leading to:
A CALM, CREATIVE FORCE IN THE CLASSROOM
Towards management of students' classroom behaviour, energy and attention, the program will:
- Equip students with simple behaviour management strategies.
- Equip teachers with peaceful strategies for managing classroom behaviour.
- Revitalise students when energy is sluggish.
- Provide yoga 'desk breaks' to improve focus and attention.
- Crete appropriate outlets for excessive energy and emotional overload.
AN OPTIMAL LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
Towards student comprehension, assimilation and retention of material, demonstration of knowledge,
the program will:
- Reduce test anxiety through simple relaxation strategies.
- Improve concentration before testing.
- Relax and de-stress students, clearing the way for improved learning.
- Create an environment where students can focus, learn and perform successfully.
- Build self-esteem as students realise learning potential without the barriers of stress and anxiety.
- Link learning to movement, addressing bodily-kinesthetic intelligence.
- Honour students individual learning styles.
EASY INTEGRATION WITH CORE CURRICULUM
Towards integration of Yoga as a teaching tool across all curricula, the program will:
- Link learning to movement, addressing bodily-kinesthetic intelligence
- Provide information in ways accessible to all multiple intelligences
- Integrate with physical education, fine arts, science, social studies, music and health curriculum
METHODS FOR IMPLEMENTING CHARACTER EDUCATION
Towards internalisation and practical application of character education, the program will:
- Use actions and practical examples to teach character education so that students learn to integrate it into their lives.
- Teach tolerance, acceptance and compassion.
- Promote self-esteem, self-control, and respect for self and others.
- Provide practical, peaceful strategies for conflict resolution.
- Increase awareness of environmental and multi-cultural issues.
- Encourage responsibility for one's own words and actions.
- Build cooperation and communication skills.
- Highlight additional traits of character, such as manners, gratitude, caring and sharing etc.
ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION AWARENESS
Towards appreciating and understanding of the environment and our connection to nature, the program will:
- Highlight the connection human beings have to all living things.
- Teach respect for the Earth and her inhabitants.
- Encourage students to care for the environment.
- Promote compassionate thoughts and actions.
INNOVATIVE HEALTH AND WELLNESS TEACHING TECHNIQUES
Towards fitness fun and feeling great, the program will:
- Improve posture.
- Improve fitness.
- Improve flexibility.
- Improve balance.
- Improve coordination.
- Improve strength.
- Improve digestion.
- Teach students about their bodies and how they work.
- Achieve all of the above objectives in a non-competitive, non-judgemental, non-threathening way.
Our purpose is to inspire young people to be more aware, to lead themselves, to build their social skills and to contribute positively to their community. We work in partnership with schools and community organisations to deliver leadership development programs at Nirvana Wellness Retreat or any place in Australia.
Whether you're looking for a spectacular place for your group to spend quality time together or a place to have focused learning and development experience, if you are interested in helping young people develop their self awareness, self confidence and social skills, Nirvana can cater for your needs. Our team of facilitators can lead you through a number of activities.
To find out more about our services, call us on (07) 55310511