Pre-accreditation Teacher Upgrade
Shanti Yoga is integral to who you are as teachers. Many of you who have drunk from the well that is deep with experience, knowledge and sincerity now reflect as best you can, and in as many ways that you naturally can, the grace and generosity of the teachings that you have learnt from Shantiji, to your students.
Shanti Yoga is organic and continually evolving. Teacher Training is continually developing. Additionally, with accreditation, the bar has been raised considerably. Accredited teachers have mastered the material for a specific course, at a specific education, training and research level, and have the Shanti Yoga Health Institute Australia's support to teach at that level and employ our resources in their classes.
We also welcome teachers from other traditions to gain qualifications, upgrade and collaborate with us.
Please contact us.
An Opportunity Not To Be Missed
Shanti Yoga is offering a fabulous opportunity and a one-off offer to all current pre-accreditation Shanti Yoga teachers in Melbourne - a chance to update their qualifications through the Shanti Yoga Health Institute Australia. Shantiji together with some of the current group of Advanced Diploma teachers on the Gold Coast will be coming down to Melbourne for a 3 day intensive training upgrade opportunity. If you have a pre-accreditation Shanti Yoga Level One, Two and Three qualification/s, you’ll be very pleased to hear that this 3 day course will give you the following benefits:
- Training: 3 full days of of face to face training, which includes demonstrations by current Adv.Dip accredited teachers in: the Shanti Yoga eyes series, neck series, shoulders series, chest and bust, tadasana series, sun salutations, core floor work for abs, hips and back series, side stretches, twists, sitting series, cat vinyasa, back breathing and yoga during pregnancy.
- Structure: Creative ideas on structuring your classes inc. sequencing, opening, middle and ending.
- Standardisation: across the board what all Shanti yoga teachers are instructing to the most current, up to date version
- Two Manuals: An entire brand new upgraded Asana Manual (normally $3500), and Healthy Body, the A&P for yoga teachers manual (normally $150)
- Certification: An accredited Certificate IV in Yoga Education, Accredited code 30847 certificate.
- Note: With 100% attendance at the upgrade, there will be no theory exam for those who already hold qualifications issued prior to accreditation. However, there will be a comprehensive revision and test of understanding and knowledge with a multiple choice, short q&a and fun learning session based upon the the Cert IV in Yoga and Life Education material.
The Finer Details:
When: 1,2,3 November 2013
Fee: Receive all of the above mentioned personalised training and new asana manual for ONLY $3500, up front payment. OR Payment Plan: Deposit $500. $295 a month for 12 months by credit card deduction.
Certificate IV in Yoga Education
The pre-accreditation Shanti Yoga teacher training course, is equivalent to the current government recognised Certificate IV in Yoga Education (600 hours), also known as Yoga for Life. The usual fee for RCC and RPL (which needs to be mapped), and for the upgrade to bring the student to equivalent and current levels, is 80% of the current fee.
Diploma of Yoga Teaching
The current, government accredited qualification which The Health Institute Diploma of Yoga Teaching and Life Skills graduates have been trained at, is a 1200 hour teacher training course over a minimum period of two years, inclusive of 8 yoga weekend residential retreats (@ 20 hours of practice and philosophy per retreat), 20 days dedicated to tutorial and practicum, and considerable time on the mat and meditation cushion for personal practice. Graduates have also completed all assignments and practical tests at the Diploma level.
You will need to:
- purchase a current set of notes and study them.
- complete all the homework and assignments for the Diploma of Yoga Teaching, units 1-10 as we require them for your evidence portfolio.
- When you are ready (but not beyond 1 year of completed studies) you must sit for a practical exam, in each section of the practical work, after having paid the current exam fee.
If you're a past graduate from Shanti Yoga courses and would like to attend again, we have a graduates rate to make it very easy and most affordable for you: Just 50% of the current course fee for full tutorial attendance and retreats, where applicable. (Conditions apply. Fees do not include annual pass, training manual, learning aids, course text books etc.). Come prepared to learn new things, play with new ideas, laugh with others, support your fellow students, have a great time and find renewed inspiration and tons of new teaching skills.
The Shanti Yoga Health Institute plays an important role in the nurturing and strength of her teaching community and provides opportunities to expose trainees and graduates to training in skills that enrich community, communication and culture, to facilitate a solid background and experience within a meditative and contemplative tradition such as ours. In addition, the Shanti Yoga Health Institute also organises social events and celebrations, assists with visiting members and teachers, and works closely with the Practice and Education team, childcare education and its graduates.
Various forms of fee assistance is available to eligible students, which include government assistance in the form of austudy and rent allowance, to THI assistance in the form of payment plans, scholarships and placement positions and opportunities to appropriate members who have suitable knowledge and experience with the Shanti Yoga tradition and teaching. This is a privilege, not a right.
Requirements necessary for a staff teaching position through THI
We support teachers at various Shanti Yoga recognition levels who:
- have a solid knowledge of the Shanti yoga series you are teaching, both in it's asana, vinyasa (sequence), and in it's philosophy.
- have a command of the room: an attitude of confidence, discipline and curiosity, authority and love.
- are friendly and outgoing.
- are available some weekends and daytime or evenings during the week
- have an understanding of different communication techniques to offer the most effective instruction.
- teach to the breath and the importance of the breath throughout the class.
- offer modifications to those students who need different options.
- understand alignment principles for the safety of the body.
- verbally offer adjustments and physical assists for a wide range of needs - that is, physical modification for those struggling, and deepening assists for those capable of a deeper experience.
- if posed with a question you don't know, they say so and attempt to learn.
- have 100% loyalty and commitment to the Shanti Yoga tradition and no conflict of interests
- continue to train and upgrade through the programs offered by The Health Institute.
All this means that you must have had some considerable, intensive, technical Shanti Yoga training that can take place in a variety of venues.
You must also:
- have a regular yoga practice yourself.
- have the ability to demonstrate (physically/verbally) either all the poses, or modifications of the poses you present.
- demonstrate an understanding of mudras and bandhas and know how to teach students to be aware of and use them.
- have a firm understanding of the asanas, pranayamas and kriyas in the sequences you are teaching and how to teach them.
- be computer savvy.
- be familiar with or interest in web-conferencing technology.
- be a current member of SYTA.