The VISION of Shanti Yoga is to extend, apply and transmit knowledge and understanding about human potential for the benefit of society at a standard that is recognised for its excellence both nationally and internationally and to accelerate the shift from a treatment-based perspective to a new, broader and more profound health and wellness culture that reduces expenses, empowers individuals, enhancing their quality of life.
The MISSION of Shanti Yoga is to advance knowledge, understanding and practices aimed at fostering the highest human potential through traditional and applied yoga, meditation, ayurveda and vedic philosophy and disciplines that educate our graduates to become professionals who have an in-depth knowledge of their field of study; who are independent, creative and critical thinkers; who can communicate effectively; and who can act with ethical and social understanding and promote health, wellbeing and optimal physical and mental performance of individuals and populations of all ages.
We DEMONSTRATE this commitment and accomplish our mission by working collaboratively with all those in agreement with our message which is to:
share - we share a vision of wholeness, higher states of consciousness and embrace the enlightened path
love - we accept people for who they are and provide them with the inspiration, tools and support they require as we share our knowledge, programs and services with them
transform - we honour creative transformations and help others experience the balance and integration of the mind, body and spirit providing them support and guidance while they incorporate these principles into their daily lives
teach - we offer a variety of educational programs to inspire, inform, enlighten, heal, serve and transform
heal - we show others how to open their awareness to infinite possibilities of understanding and renewal offering guidance, treatments and support towards this goal.
Shanti Yoga™ is international in scope and designed wholly for educational, healing and spiritual wellbeing. The Shanti Yoga Health Institute is widely recognised as the leading institute of its kind in Australia, conducting multi-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary teaching, research, community and professional, behavioural and socio-cultural aspects and service programs on yoga, meditation, spirituality and holistic health that are of the highest international standard. Programs, products and services reflect the inspiration, committment and creativity of its founder and spiritual head of Shanti Yoga, Shanti Gowans. Shanti Yoga™ underpins the health education and the science of mind teaching programs. More and more people from all faiths, back-grounds and different parts of the world are drawn here.
They come for many different reasons:
- to study and practice the teachings of Shantiji
- to hear Shantiji's inspirational dissertations
- to attend a private or group retreat
- or just have a little rest and relaxation.
The Health Institute Australia provides experiential learning, creative renewal and rejuvenation opportunities to inspire both visitors and residents, and offers emphirical and theoretical education coupled with a daily program of sadhana for spiritual experiences.
Shanti Yoga, is the place
- to discover yourself
- to pilgrimage
- to escape for short visits in an inspired, holistic environment
- to heal, create holistic wellbeing, discover inner peace and truth
- to participate in ongoing activities, such as the farm experiment, gardening, revegitating and restoration programs, bush walking, food preparation and vegetarian cooking, enjoy a quiet session of yoga or meditation,
- Ayurvedic treatments or simply relax on the verandah with a good book and enjoy the tranquil silence.
- to exist within a community
- to retreat
- to enrich, learn, share and be inspired in your practices of Yoga, Meditation & Ayurveda
- to develop the skills and insights to live and act in the world with creativity, wisdom and compassion
- to discover yourself and pilgrimages