Shanti Yoga Health Institute Australasia
We are a holistic yoga, meditation and ayurvedic health centre. We are also your other home. We offer an outstanding education, research and healthcare place with an incredible healing vibe and an atmosphere of fun, support and peace.
Classes, workshops, events and courses
The centre offers a timetable of:-
- Regular yoga classes and workshops
- Yogic studies and yoga teacher training
- Meditation classes and courses
- Personal growth
- Ayurvedic studies and practitioner training
- Herbal remedies, treatments, and wonderful massage therapy
- Vegetarian meals, cooking classes
- Health management
- English as a second language
- Public speaking through drama
- Chanting (kirtan)
- Classical and contemporary Indian dance
- Escorted trips to India.
Cultural and spiritual events and retreats
We integrate Vedic and Buddhist education, culture, the arts, lifestyle and well-being providing the ideal environment for spiritual growth. In this connection, the centre conducts a number of cultural and spiritual events and retreats during the year.
Health and educational services
During more than four and a half decades of teaching yoga, students have come to our Shanti Yoga Centre with various health problems such as injuries, back pain and joint issues (foot, ankle, knee, hip, lower back, shoulder, elbow, wrist, fingers and toes, neck and so on), systemic disorders (nervous system, musculoskeletal system, reproductive and urinary system), digestive and metabolic disorders, such as IBS, Colitis, diabetes, obesity, auto-immune illnesses such as rheumatoid arthritis, celiacs, chronic fatigue, women’s health, cancer, anxiety, depression, and so on. Through an unbroken lifetime of connecting deeply with students to facilitate self-empowerment, enduring and life-transforming healing, Shantiji’s experience has taken our focus, health services, research, training and quality medicine sourcing and manufacturing into health and educational services targeting:-
- Health prevention for healthy, health-conscious people
- The prevention of all obstructive, degenerative and chronic diseases of modern life
- Support in the control and cure of curable diseases, and
- Support for the management and control of chronic, non-curable and lifestyle diseases
A caring community
Many of our members have been with us from the very beginning. Often we find that, once people join our yoga family, they never want to leave, and unless they move, they usually do not leave. Friendship is normal, and with a culture where somebody knows somebody else, we continue to grow with the enthusiasm of our students, clients, patients and patrons giving us the energy to do so. Most of our members are professionals, hardworking folk from various walks of life. Then there are the artists, poets, amazing cooks, students in school, and students of life. With us you are among your kind of human being. We are indeed an amazing community of people who come together and truly care for each other. You will be nurtured, empowered and inspired. Everybody is welcome.
“The immense fulfilment of the friendship between those engaged in furthering the evolution of consciousness has a quality impossible to describe.”
Teilhard de Chardin
You have found a place of community where you can rest your mind and make friends with being human. A warm welcome to the Shanti Yoga Health Institute Australasia, our urban centre, and Nirvana Wellness Retreat, our rural centre, founded and headed by Shanti Gowans.
HEALTH, EDUCATION, ARTS, CULTURE, RESEARCH
Available here is a core curriculum of a traditional path in Yoga, Vedanta, Meditation and Ayurvedic Training in proven ways that build valuable skills inclusive of health, happiness and peace of mind, in a supportive and peaceful environment.
You are invited to explore our diverse programs designed to help you rediscover your inherent sanity, gentleness, humour and a renewed sense of wellbeing. We specialise on ways that carry these inspirational practices into improving the quality of your daily life and community.
What you learn
The Shanti Yoga Health Institute Australasia is a holistic, psycho-spiritual, health education centre. You learn and practice the why, what, when and how:-
- to breath
- to exercise and stretch
- to relax
- to think positively and creatively
- to cook and be healthy
- to dance
- to design, draw and paint
- to contemplate
We aim to support you in high thinking, with an objective perspective on your stresses and tensions and to realise that relief is possible and coupled with release.
The root of disease
At the end of the day, our ailments are largely self-invited and self-engendered. They have their roots in a pressured lifestyle, poor choices with food, exercise, hygiene, attitude, goals, relationships and expectations thereof, and our stories. In our dissemination of health knowledge, we encourage you to avoid substance abuse and other measures which interfere with the integrity of your body-mind-spirit complex and to trust the healing and restorative power of nature and your own essential nature. “Freedom from the known” (J. Krishnamurthy) arises from losing all stories. There is wisdom that is beyond knowledge and ignorance. Your search for Truth ends there where you are. You will recognise your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need.
SHANTI YOGA HEALTH INSTITUTE AUSTRALASIA houses the following:-
- Health Institute Australasia
- Shanti Yoga™ Research Centre
- Ayurveda Australia
- The Meditation Institute
- Nirvana Wellness Sanctuary
- Bollywood Australia
- Pure Shanti™ products
- Inner Peace Publications
- One World Productions
- Holistic Health Education
- Lifestyle Education
- Nutritional Education. Digestive Health. Weightloss Program
- Wholesome Vegetarian Cooking
- Herbal Education and Treatments
- Ayurveda Consultatons. Herbal medicine. Treatments. Ayurvedic Practitioner Training.
- Yoga classes. Children’s yoga. Yoga Teacher Training. Yoga books and learning aids
- Therapeutic, medical yoga and clinical ayurveda
- Meditation retreats. Meditation facilitator training.
- Stress management. Deep relaxation. Sleep clinic.
- Theatre, Music, Public Speaking and Drama
- Indian culture and dance
- Panckalkarma (in-patients)
- Skin (out-patients)