CULTIVATING MINDFULNESS MEDITATION
in healing, health and stress reduction
Silent Weekend Retreat
It’s OK if the only thing you do today is breathe.
Mindfulness (which means being watchful, present, aware, rather than watching something) opens us to our inner selves and our outer worlds. It is an unconditional way of being, a way to connect with intrinsic health, and strengthen the human capacities for awareness, wisdom, compassion and skilful action. The practice of mindfulness has been recognised as an effective approach to health promotion and stress management. And, in addition to being a mystical Eastern practice designed to engender inner calm and bring about world peace, mindfulness as a practice has received massive attention from health professionals keen to investigate, in a rigorous, scientific fashion, the many claims of improved mental, physical and emotional health made by its practitioners. Mindfulness-based interventions have been found to be effective in reducing physical and psychological distress and improving quality of life for individuals with a wide range of health related issues, as well as, reducing the risk for burnout in care providers. Powerful therapeutic benefits are experienced from patients suffering from anxiety, stress and depression. The simple and profound technique of mindful awareness is the basis of a secular path of meditation, which can benefit people of any spiritual tradition and way of life.
- Meditation as Nourishment
- Touching, Connecting, Healing – the body, nature, the senses
- Looking Deeply
- Healing Feelings
- Causes and Conditions – conditional arising; inter being; true nature; aggregates
- will help you see the impact of self-judgement and blame
- replaces the urge to try to fix everything
- deepens your capacity to forgive yourself and others
- increases your capacity to be present, which is crucial to the work of healing
- helps you find compassion for a person that you don’t like
- allows you to relax during uncertainty.
Residential weekend program 5-7 June, 2020
Category: Nirvana Wellness Retreats
Venue: Nirvana Wellness Retreat 87 Binnaburra Rd, Beechmont
Date: Friday 7th June 2019